Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It's Amy!

Ha I am in!  Hmm, now what? Is this just about Hein family stuff or my family?  Well, I liked seeing the pictures very much. And thank you Aunt Jackie for the recent family history from Grandma Hein. She did not have an easy life, that's for sure. Did everyone else laugh when Grandma said to her sister, "I feel like I should give you my baby." (It was Uncle Lee--I'm glad she didn't!)  Because her sister, I think Maren, had come to help Grandma shortly after Maren's own baby died. That's not the funny part yet. Then Aunt Wilma, who I'm guessing was about 4, said "Mother, then you would feel the same as Aunt Maren." Can't you just hear Aunt Wilma saying that? That's when I laughed. OK, maybe that's only funny to me!

It's the first day of school here, which feels like New Year's Day to me. I miss Mary, who is a senior, but I am getting a lot done being home alone.

Someone tell me if this is only Hein stuff, or if it is for all my news. I will try not to take over and boss everyone, like I did when we did those programs at the reunions when we were little.

 I know, let's take every Primary song about mom and dad, stick the words grandma and grandpa in it, and spend a lot of time practicing it with me telling everyone what to do, then make everyone watch us perform! Doesn't that sound great? Let's do it every year!

Then we can hang around and watch Shirla--the coolest girl ever do her hair and makeup! She always had a date! We can gaze at Ron and Don from afar in awe. They are so cool! And cute!

Then we can get mad at Natalie because Andy always makes her giggle. Andy was the funniest boy ever!

Then we can eat Hawaiian haystacks and watch my mom's barbershop group sing in their red and white striped jackets and beehive hair!

Then Aunt Jackie can throw away Kerri's blanket because it looks like a rag, and there can be a big hunt for it at bedtime. Then Kerri's mean big sister can whisper to poor Kerri that her blanket smells like garbage all night long.

Somebody stop me!  What do you remember, and tell me about the reunion that I just missed.

Love, Amy

3 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard because the reunion memories are so true!

    My understanding is that this blog can be about your own family or anything of interest to the Hein family.

    I so enjoyed your funny memories. Love, Your mother or Aunt Margaret to everyone else

    (Did I need to sign this or does the computer know who I am? We will see what happens. Just learning about this blogging stuff.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I get it now. We do sign or else nobody knows who comments.

    Aunt Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy - that brought back fond memories, but you weren't the only bossy one! Natalie and I talked about one reunion where I had shiny red church shoes and so when we played - I got to be Dorothy because I owned the shoes. Natalie said that made her mad but my logic was sound. Oh well! Write about your own family too so we all know what is going on. Post pictures, whatever, this is for us to do with as we want. Pam Anderson

    ReplyDelete