Thursday, June 2, 2011

On to Arizona!

It's Amy.

After Santa Barbara, we drove to Carefree, Arizona, where Peter's brother Vic and his wife Jan have a home.

Notable thing that happened on the way, got a call from the Stake YW President,"Are you on your way to church?" ''Uh, no, I'm in California." Wanted to say that I planned to go to the temple in Arizona and did that count against skipping church, but for once did not blab every thought in my head.

Jan and Vic's house is gorgeous and we celebrated Peter's birthday there--he's not 100! Peter and Vic went golfing and Jan and I made pineapple upside down cake and coconut rice and shrimp and scallop kabobs.

The next day they all went hiking and armed with their GPS I drove to Mesa to the temple. I did go! I did! Cool old temple, very busy.

We were so lucky all through our trip that everything was blooming. Plants that usually just look like sticks had really odd flowers and the saguaros (I hope this is the word I mean--the cactuses that look like they should be in cartoons?) looked like they had on flower hats, or were holding flowers in their hands. I didn't get a picture of that, but will never forget it.

So somehow I am unable to put any pictures in this post. I will try to publish a new post right now that is just pictures. We'll see how that works!

No comments:

Post a Comment