Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spring Trip First Part

Amy, as if you didn't know!

OK, after a little glitch where I though I had somehow changed the login and wrecked it for anyone else to post (I bet you think that is my intention, but I welcome and would love posts from everyone! really!) thank goodness Pam validated it and all is good again.

Peter had training meetings in Las Vegas so we made it a good road trip through Nevada, California to celebrate his Aunt Elizabeth turning 100!, Arizona to see his brother, and Utah where Mary had a dance competition at Lagoon. It took two weeks!

Today I will talk about Las Vegas. Peter had never been there and hated it so much. He is not a city or a crowd person. But he was mostly in meetings and survived it.

I had some adventures while he was working--I got to see Lion King--my favorite Broadway show ever. Still love it!

And I got to see Donny Osmond! Oh, yes with his annoying sister Marie.
 Me with Donny--kind of! This is in the gift shop near the show. I resisted the urge to buy a Donny pillowcase. It did not have a high enough thread count. Yes I still love him. Ladies at my table and I were screaming like we were 14 again!
Pam, do you remember when Uncle Bob came to BYU and drove us by Donny's house and he came out and waved to us?   Scream!  Those were the days!

Anyway, I didn't just stalk, Donny, I got to go to the temple twice. It is beautiful.
 Still wearing the sweater I saw Donny in! I'll never take it off!
 Temple grounds flowers. It was so nice, not really hot yet--end of April. Birds were singing up a storm!

 Th is is Oleander.  Not an Idaho plant.
 Of course, exactly one week later, it was all over the news that Marie got re-married to her first husband in this very temple. Oh Marie, you annoy me so! If you had only hurried up by just one week, I could have possibly seen Donny dressed in white. Sigh!  Done talking about Donny. I promise!

This is called Devil's tongue. When a lady told me what it was, I said, "That's not very nice to have around the temple!" and she didn't even laugh. Must work on my delivery!


Finally Peter finished his training and we walked and walked to see some sights and had a really great dinner.
 Peter and the rabbit!                                                             Bellagio ceiling made by Chihuley.

Oysters! One of my favorite things!

Next time I write--Santa Barbara! You may like to imagine me knitting and knitting as we drove and drove because I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment